Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

my husband is stating that if we get a divorce he does not.

my husband is stating that if we get a divorce he does not. have to spilt his 401 with me. I do work my employment does offer a 401 we agreed that we should use his due to the fact his is better and managed far better than my employees I am not putting any money into mine. would appreciate an answer. thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Hi

As Washington is a "community property" state, he would be required to split any portion of the 401 that was acquired during the marriage.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck