RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Q.1) how do I file (correct format specifically) for a continuance in AL court when I can&

Q.1) how do I file (correct format specifically) for a continuance in AL court when I can't go there personally to file the motion? My divorce is in AL, I live in GA since April2011 the only job I could find.
Q2# XXXXX my reasons for continuance valid/compelling to be granted> a# XXXXX need I find a lawyer. I have new job. Driving 3 hours ea way to court means a full day off the job. #FYI,I was specifically hired to be trained,then to step in during a maternity absence. The baby is due 10/5/11, but early intervention is expecting next week. My employer was sympathetic to my time off to close the house sale, pack and move furniture into storage. A dauting task given the buyer inisted on quick closing#.
I am being thrown under the bus by Plaintiff's counsel with various activites NOW whereas before there was footdragging. To date Plaintiff has succesfully avoided providing financial records yet there is a motion before the judge #actually a draft of an order for the judge to sign that
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 3 years ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good morning.

RayAnswers :

Your best option would be to have the lawyer file for continuance as it is likely to be granted since they were recently hired.

RayAnswers :

IF YOU THINK YOU NEED A LAWYER CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW OR CALL: 1-800-392-5660

The Lawyer Referral Service is a service of the ALABAMA STATE BAR. Its purpose is to assist in finding a lawyer to provide advice on legal problems. It is the only lawyer referral service operated by the Alabama State Bar. All panel members of the Lawyer Referral Service are licensed lawyers in Alabama and are members in good standing of the Alabama State Bar.

CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE YOUR REFERRAL ONLINE.
Lawyer Referral Service members will sometimes include many counties in their area of practice. This is acceptable for special areas of practice, however, if you feel that you need an attorney closer to your possible legal problem, please e-mail us at lrs@alabar.org and we will attempt to narrow down your search. Thank you for using the online referral service.

Members of the United States Armed Forces

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT]Members of the Alabama National Guard (Air/Army) and Alabama State Defense Force[/ALT][WIDTH]233.91812865497076[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Please join the Lawyer Referral Service. Attorneys who join have the option of offering a 25% discount for legal representation for all members of the military. Send your lawyer referral request to lrs@alabar.org, instead of obtaining your own referral from the online lawyer referral service. At this time, the online lawyer referral service does not indicate which attorneys are providing legal representation for members of the military. When you submit your request for a referral, remember to include your name and city of your legal concern, so that we may refer an attorney. We will respond to your request as soon as possible Monday through Friday. Thank you.

Lawyer Referral Directory - ABA

ALABAMA STATE BAR
Lawyer Referral Service
XXXXXbr/> Montgomery, AL 36104
ASB phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/> ASB fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/> LRS phone: 1-800-392-5660
e-mail: lrs@alabar.org

WHAT IS MY COST?

The referral attorney agrees to charge no more than $50.00 for the first 30-minute consultation. If your problem requires work beyond this time, and you decide to hire the lawyer, be sure to discuss any additional fees. An attorney bases his/her fee on the time and type of work involved, the difficulty in solving the problem and your needs as the client. The Lawyer Referral Service encourages you to ask for a written fee agreement before you proceed with any legal work beyond the first 30-minute consultation.

RayAnswers :

I think that a lawyer can get this matter reset without you being present.

RayAnswers :

Get the case number XXXXX court here and draft your own setting out your reasons and file it with court.

RayAnswers :
MOTION TO CONTINUE

Comes now .............................., as Defendants and would move to
continue the current trial setting of ..................................................., 2011 and as grounds therefore would aver as
follows:

RayAnswers :

1...............................

RayAnswers :

2......................................

RayAnswers :

3........................................

RayAnswers :

Wherefore premises Defendant/Petitioner (not sure who filed) prays that this matter be continued and for such other and further relief to which they may be entitled.

RayAnswers :

Respectfully submitted,

RayAnswers :

Your name, Defendant/Plainitff

RayAnswers :

Something leike this if you have to do it yourself.

RayAnswers :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Customer:

I am accepting and will do so shortly. I like the idea of the $50 consultation and hiring someone, get that continuance out of the way, then deal with the broader issues of my divorce. Should I or could I reasonably expect someone to respond today when I send the email to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX?

RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years as a family law lawyer .