KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.

The judge in my divorce ordered my ex-husband to pay alimony

The judge in my divorce ordered my ex-husband to pay alimony for 10 years after the divorce became final. He paid me at first but for the past 10 months he has paid nothing, stating that he is out of work and has no income. As he is a habitual liar I don't know if I believe him. He also has left a garage full of tools that he has yet to pick up in spite of my requests for him to do so for over 2 years. What are my legal options at this point and is there any way I can find out if he really has no funds or assets as he states?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

If you have a court order this is illegal for him not to pay you. You should make a motion in court to enforce the court order and can request copies of all documents relating to his finances.

If he has abandoned the tools you can sell them and keep the money. You should send him one last letter stating they will be gotten rid of by a certain date if he doesn't come get them.

Take care,