How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 115462
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Q. Hi I live in the state of PA. My ex continues to pay less than half that is court ord

Customer Question

Q. Hi I live in the state of PA. My ex continues to pay less than half that is court ordered in child support. He has received letters from the domestic relations office for being in contempt of court but it gets dismissed because he'll send in a payment that is small but enough that he gets by with no further enforcement. How does this continue to go on? He owes over $8'000 in arrears since 2007. Is my family being treated unfairly by the domestics office not to mention their father and is there anything I can do about this? I would appreciate any feedback, I feel so helpless over this matter.
Submitted: 5 years ago via ChildSupportLaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Your only recourse if the child support office continues to dismiss the contempt charges and if they refuse to issue a suspension on his drivers license and a revocation of his passport rights would be to use a private attorney to go to court on your own to pursue a contempt of court action and ask the court to issue orders suspending his drivers license and passport and seeking to have him jailed for non-payment of support or seek garnishment of his income and bank accounts. Child support enforcement tends to take the easy way out many times because they are just overly busy, so you need to take the case into your own hands to pursue him.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Related Family Law Questions