Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

A man is pending court for a domestic violence 3rd degree charge.No

A man is pending court for a domestic violence 3rd degree charge.No arraignment yet. DHR became involved because it was stated that a child witnessed an altercation between husband and spouse. There is no seperation order or restraining order or any kind of legal directive given by a judge stating that the husband can not reside with family. Can DHR dictate on their own to the husband that he can not return to his residence where family is.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Yes, DHR has a right to prohibit contact without a court order as part of their duty, obligation and rights to protect children. If the husband violates the order from DHR, then DHR's recourse is they will 1) Remove the children from the home involuntarily and 2) go to court for a court restraining order (this is how DHR enforces their order to stay away without a court and within their authority).

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”