LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

What are the most effective steps to report suspected child

Customer Question

What are the most effective steps to report suspected child abuse or neglect? Their father is threatening them and their mother, who is his ex-wife and my niece. She's terrified for her children and herself. She needs a lawyer and she can't afford one. Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your niece's dilemma.

You have taken the first step of notifying Child Help. You might also contact the Ohio Office of Families and Children and make another report.

Office for Children and Families
50 West Town Street, 6th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Phone :(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Fax :(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>

Additionally, Have your niece contact the local office of Legal Aid and they may be able to assist her with low-cost or no-cost legal services if she can not afford to retain a local attorney to assist her and her children. here is the link to one such office:

If they can not help, they may be able to direct your niece to another closer office that can.

I wish you the best in 2011.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the referrals, Doug. Columbus is rather far from Dayton, but they may have more localized information for her. I greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter and thank you for doing what you do.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
My pleasure. Here is a link to a site that your niece might care to look through.

I wish you and your family well.