Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

What legal recourse do I have after a bill of review has been

What legal recourse do I have after a bill of review has been granted and a child support order is set aside?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You have 10 days to file a notice of appeal to the court together with a motion for rehearing/reconsideration. Then you have 30 days to file your appeal to the court of appeals.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If I choose not to appeal, what happens with the child support case? I know the orginal is dismissed but what about the arrears that accumulated over the years?
The arrears are a separate issue for the court to determine and that is something that should have been addressed in the court order and if they were not then you need to file a motion for clarification of the order to ask for that clarification.