RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

RE Daughters divorce case My daughters husbands attorney

RE: Daughters divorce case
My daughters husbands attorney included self serving emails both from her husband to the attorney and the attorneys replies back to him in a notice of filing, did they wave attorney client privilege and open themselves up to my daughter being allowed to subpoena all communications between her husband and his attorney?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question.she could try here.If they respond that would be your argument that they waived the privilege here regarding any other e-mails that exist.The judge would have to rule on your request if they respond and seek to avoid the subpoena.It is na argument you could make to seek such discovery especially if they are referencing other e-mails.It certainly might be something you decide to try to see what information you can get here from the other party.

RayAnswers :

At the least they shoudl be struck from the pleading as they are misleading and deceptive in that they do not reflect all conversations but really excepts.

RayAnswers :

At the least they should be struck from the pleading as they are misleading and deceptive in that they do not reflect all conversations but really only ecerts.

RayAnswers :

Since they are only partial excerts of conversations you can argue that you are entitled to all of the conversations in e-mail that exist.

RayAnswers :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

RayAnswers :

It may certainly be worth a try to see what discovery you can get here.