Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I was a manager in the home health field. I suspect fruad by

Customer Question

I was a manager in the home health field. I suspect fruad by certain respiratrory therpaist who falsified pulse oximetry reports to qualify patients for oxygen. what is the OIg statute of limitations it happened five years ago and cani still report it.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
The criminal statute of limitations is 3 years from the date of discovery in Texas and under the federal laws it is 5 years for insurance/government fraud.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what does date of discovery mean? if the action occured over a 10 year period and the violation is being reported now. does and allegation that occured 9 years ago be investigated or is that past the statute of limitations
The date you discovered the fraud, you said you have known about it for 5 years, so it could be outside of the statutes of limitations for criminal acts, but it should still be reported because they can still pursue civil recovery from the person for the fraud And if government funds were involved, you could be entitled to a reward under the Qui Tam laws for reporting government abuse.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry the fraud occured five years ago. I just discovered it two when i got a dvorce and i took my hard drives out of her house.
Then make the complaint to the US Department of Social Services if there is medicare, medicaid or insurance fraud involved and also to the state attorney general's office.