RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

i had my daughter before i married her father. we did marry

i had my daughter before i married her father. we did marry after she was about 4 months old. he never filed any legitmation papers on her but he is on the birth certificate. we have now been divorced for over 3 years. i did not ask for any child support because i did not wast him to have visitation rights. he agreed to that. now 3 years later he wants visitation. does he have any rights to her and if he were to take me to court, will they just give him visitation? or would he have to go back and pay child support for the last three years before he even gets visitation? help.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question and good morning.You have the right here to seek child support and the court likely would award him visitation.And the court may award you back support hetre as well if you ask.You shoudl file with the state here and seek such child support.

Sign up here for customer service and you can apply online.They will get you court orderd support .They take you for $25 and get all of this set by the court.

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.