NateFamilyLaw, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have worked with individuals regarding family law questions for 7 years

I have been devorced since 1999 with an existing Stip. My son moved to live with his fathe

I have been devorced since 1999 with an existing Stip. My son moved to live with his father 3 years ago and child support was adjusted as per the original stip. My son moved back home with me 3 months ago but my ex will not volentarily reinstate child support payments as per the original stip. What do I need to file to have child support reinstated as per the original stip? I am Pro ce and Jurisdiction is with superior court Suffolk County Ny, Judge LaSalle
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NateFamilyLaw replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome to

When your son moved in with his father, did the actual child support order get changed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, child support was reduced as per the original stip by a set dollar amount while he was living with his father
Have you opened a case with child support services?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
why? the original support agreement spells out this very scenario. Do I file a motion to get the court to address the issue or file an application? How would child support services help?
Yes, your order does spell this out, but the problem is that he won't fulfill his obligations. Child Support Services will make him according to the order. They will actually garnish his wages at the appropriate support level. That is the easiest and most efficient way to get him to comply.

As always, I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question. Of course, if you really liked what I could help you with, please consider a Bonus, too!