DCrane
DCrane, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced practitioner.
17924466

Good Morning, l was awarded a truck, and my ex-wife was awarded

Customer Question

Good Morning, l was awarded a truck, and my ex-wife was awarded the payments in a uncontested divorce that she drafted and filed herself. l filed petitions in family court and won a $3,700 award for missed payments and my ex continues to refuses to pay the Bank. The bank wants to re-po the truck even after the judgement against my ex. l became disabled after 2 failed back surgeries and income deceased 2/3 and unable to make payments myself. my ex is assisting the bank to re-po the truck by coming to my apt. office with the tow truck driver and was unsuccessful in re-poing the truck but did cause a scene at my apt. office. l continue to have the truck. The bank calls every day and now l refuse to answer. l would appreciate some advice what to do. Thank You. Ron Garrison
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DCrane replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post Ron, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Your recourse in this situation is to file a motion to show cause against your wife to force her to explain to the judge why she has not complied with the court order, the likely outcome would be a wage garnishment order against her to ensure that the payments on the truck are made and your judgment against her satisfied. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank You for your quick reply. My last hearing was 8/ 22/11 when l won my award when should l file your recommended petition?
Expert:  DCrane replied 5 years ago.
Yes, you should.