Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Locked by Customer Service

April 2001 my attorney filed a motion for back child support/ alimony. He owes me a fortune! His attorney has managed to have this court ordered matter in continuence for 10 years!!!!!! Ny lawyer claims we have ti be in mediation! Why ? My ex in already in contempt and has not made one single effort since 1998 to pay me what he owes. The judge died a few months ago for heaven sakes! What should I do? I believe mediation for a court ordered decree is wrong. I live in Tennessee. What should I do ? Iwant to go straight to court and have the money plus interest, which is mounting over 13 years, paid to me. What is your suggestion? I am so tired of this I cannot bear ir any mopre, but I will not give up! Please help! XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: April 2001 my attorney filed a motion for back child support/ alimony. He owes me a fortune! His attorney has managed to have this court ordered matter in continuence for 10 years!!!!!! Ny lawyer claims we have ti be in mediation! Why ? My ex in already in contempt and has not made one single effort since 1998 to pay me what he owes. The judge died a few months ago for heaven sakes! What should I do? I believe mediation for a court ordered decree is wrong. I live in Tennessee. What should I do ? Iwant to go straight to court and have the money plus interest, which is mounting over 13 years, paid to me. What is your suggestion? I am so tired of this I cannot bear ir any mopre, but I will not give up! Please help! XXXXX XXXXX barker

Response: There is nothing to mediate. There is already a Court Order in place which he is not complying with. You need to file contempt action against him for failure to pay the Court ordered support for over 10 years. He would be ordered to show cause why he should not be held in contempt and put in jail immediately until he pays the amount past due. You should also apply for child support enforcement services so that the agency can assist you in tracking his assets, intercepting tax refunds, and garnishing his income. Finally, if he is collecting Social Security benefits, 50% of the benefits should be garnished.

The contempt action would be filed with the Court that issued the initial Order. You can obtain the forms for filing the contempt at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want it understood that am makiing a one time payment of $28 dollars and no more, Thank you for answering my question. This must br clear! XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX
Thank you for the Accept.

I will relate your message to Customer Service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want this $28 dollars only agreement sent to my e-mail XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. I do not know your company, howevern i will trust you w/ $28 dollars ONLY if you send your reply and this agreement to my e-mail Thank you XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX I want a copy to shoew my lazy lawyer!