NateFamilyLaw
NateFamilyLaw, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have worked with individuals regarding family law questions for 7 years
11217539

Hello. I have a child support hearing tomorrow, and found out

Hello. I have a child support hearing tomorrow, and found out that my ex just resigned from his job yesterday. How will this impact child support? We split 1 year ago, and due to the fact that he was unemployed I graciously agreed to reserve child support. It has been a year, and since then he got a job and has all these new toys and has been posting on Facebook about being out and about so I thought it was high time he paid child support. Please advise....
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NateFamilyLaw replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

To be clear, he VOLUNTARILY quit his job, correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. I called to verify employment, and was told by HR that he resigned yesterday.
The judge is not going to like that one bit. He won't get a break once the court finds out he resigned. His income before he resigned is what the judge is going to look at for his child support obligation. Bring proof of his purchases and adventures with you, as well.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do posts on Facebook with check ins counts as evidence? He has been checking into lounges, restaurants, movie theatres, etc. he even posted about supplementing his income!

Yes. Print it all out.