AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Family law matters.
10805288

I am a 44yr old white male who is undergoing seperation maintenance

I am a 44yr old white male who is undergoing seperation maintenance from my spouse who I have been married to for 23yrs. She had serveed me papers on July 18th. The papers state that there has been a restraining order against me on the properity that we perchased Aug 12th 2010. My spouse is terminally ill with palmony fibrosis. The seperation happen because I had to be treated for depression at Store-mont vail hospital in late June.
When I was released from hospital I had found my things in the back of my truck. The seperation maint. state that she is to give me $250 a pay period the reson she quoted that is that is the amount 50percent left over after all bills are paid without no sacrifice on there part. I do not have any funds for my on legal reprcentation my. My spouse has recently taken 2 vacations 1 July 15th in Chicago and the other was to miama witch is currently to take my son to a ITS modeling class. THis modeling acting that my 17 year is in involved in has costed over $4000 Including the trip down there. I have been informed that this Its from a number people is a money pit witch after spending thousands of dollars is not likely to be chosen. I cannot express my opion because I am being acused of being to negative. I need some advice on were I need to go from here because human naturn a judge is going to sympathy with my wife and the bills are going to increase do to my ex-wife lack of nolage in falling into this money pit ITS modeling. Iam going to stop because I more to explain on my finances.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 3 years ago.
*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.*

Hi, I'm so sorry for your plight. Can you clarify?

Did you lose your job? If yes, how long ago? What job?
What was your income?
Does your wife work? What job?
What income?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I am currently employed but the health insurance my employer provides is next to nothing. Ex-wife is on dis ability retired from the feral government and provides health insurance. My income is aproxmently $40000 Ayear.

Her income is $1064 permonth and $500 for 1 child attending school.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DId you get my reply?

Hi, yes I am here. I am in the middle of drafting my answer/thoughts here for you. Be right back and thank you for your patience.

I am a 44yr old white male who is undergoing seperation maintenance from my spouse who I have been married to for 23yrs. Does this mean you are seeking to have her support you? Is this $250/mo ordered by the court, or has she just offered it to you out of kindness?

She had serveed me papers on July 18th. What kind of papers? Divorce? Or is she not divorcing you but seeking support from you?

The papers state that there has been a restraining order against me on the properity that we perchased Aug 12th 2010. My spouse is terminally ill with palmony fibrosis. I'm very sorry, she is dying yet still wants this divorce at this point in time? Is it a divorce she wants?

The seperation happen because I had to be treated for depression at Store-mont vail hospital in late June. Why would she get a restraining order over an illness like depression. Did something else occur, such as violence?

When I was released from hospital I had found my things in the back of my truck. The seperation maint. state that she is to give me $250 a pay period the reson she quoted that is that is the amount 50percent left over after all bills are paid without no sacrifice on there part. Did you review her numbers and determine if they are accurate?

I do not have any funds for my on legal reprcentation my. Where are you living? Did you rent an apartment or a room in a home?

My spouse has recently taken 2 vacations 1 July 15th in Chicago and the other was to miama witch is currently to take my son to a ITS modeling class. THis modeling acting that my 17 year is in involved in has costed over $4000 Including the trip down there. Does that mean you two have savings? Since she only has income of about $1000/mo., she has either charged it on a credit card, or had savings, or was gifted money, right?

I have been informed that this Its from a number people is a money pit witch after spending thousands of dollars is not likely to be chosen. This is likely true, similar to kids playing football religiously through elementary school and highschool, at great expense, with the chances of going pro very, very unlikely. Yet parents and kids still pursue.

I cannot express my opion because I am being acused of being to negative. Why do you care about her characterization of you as being negative. Might you not just be 'realistic' and fiscally prudent, given the current financial straing both she and you are under?

I need some advice As you know from terms of service, I can't give you legal advice because I am not your attorney and I am here to only provide general information and my general thoughts here. Know that you can also consult with an attorney in your own jurisdiction without paying to retain him or her, just paying for a few hours to bat some of these ideas on that you and I can discuss here.

on were I need to go from here because human naturn a judge is going to sympathy with my wife Because she is dying and you are able and working? Unfortunately, I tend to agree with you here. Keep in mind, when she passes, you will have to stand on your own at that time, and it may then be wise to start doing so now, so you are prepared and adept at being self-sufficient come that time. Also, if your wife is not seeking divorce, then you can continue to be on her health insurance, so let me know what is going on - you don't mention at all that she seeks a divorce.

and the bills are going to increase do to my ex-wife lack of nolage in falling into this money pit So long as she is not spending your money, that is likely not an issue. If she IS spending your money, I would consider cutting her off - cancel your credit cards that you have, if she is a user, start putting your paychecks into a SOLE account, not where she can get it, etc.

ITS modeling. Iam going to stop because I more to explain on my finances.I'm here and will check back with you, so feel free to explain more if pertinent.

Optional Information:
State/Country relating to question: Kansas

Already Tried:
Nothing Because with only getting 250 my wife right now which is suject to change can take half of my retirement and stop me on the family health insurance But didn't you say she was dying? YOu don't have to agree to giving her 1/2 - when you go through the divorce, consider allowing her to have 1/2 contingent on her surviving that long....ergo, you likely will not have to share....and my current employer provides by the coverage is not a good. Consider buying your own coverage, or a supplemental policy. Since she is giving you $250, that should help pay for that.

I look forward to getting some of the clarifications needed above.

AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19+ Years of Legal Practice in Family law matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I am already doing wha t I need to that $250 can not pay for gas to work and a roof over my head, I can't afford anyother debt.

I'm sorry, I do not see any responses to my clarification questions. Can you read my response above? Please let me know if it is not showing up for you, and I will be happy to repost. When you can see it, please provide answers to the questions, so I can have a clearer picture of what is occurring here. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There was no violence, it was just depression and I would like to have c.c. refunded please.
You do not wish to have your question completely answered, despite having me delve into all of this? May I ask why? I see you also left negative feedback, not because anything we had started to discuss was incorrect, only because you felt you already knew it, yet had forgotten to include that fact in your information you provided. You may not realize this, but I can not presume you to know the law when you ask what the law is - I start as point zero unless someone tells me otherwise, so no one can be left behind. In any event, allow me to send this to customer service for a refund. I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors.