LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

How can I delay the hearing on guardianship

Customer Question

How can I delay the hearing on guardianship?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good morning,

To delay a scheduled hearing, you have to request a continuance through the court. Generally, if you retain a new attorney the court will grant the continuance while your new attorney gets up to speed.

I wish you the best in 2011.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely appreciate your abiding by the honor system as regards Accepting answers. I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,

Doug

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But I have no money because my support ended with his death. oh god what can be done here oh me oh god I am an awful person because i would send this stuff to my husband and say bad things oh god
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I guess I will have to try what???
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good morning,

If you do not have any money, and can qualify, you may be able to get the assistance of a low cost or no-cost family law attorney to assist you. Here is a link to the Legal Aid Society of Illinois. They may be able to assist you:

http://www.illinoislegalaid.org/

I wish you well.

Please, remember that I only receive credit for helping you when you Accept my answer. Until then your payment is simply held by JustAnswer.com and not shared with me. So, please click the ACCEPT icon if my Answer has been informative, and helpful to your understanding of the law. Thanks again.

Doug