AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
18048122

my ex wife has custody of my daughter and son and she wants

my ex wife has custody of my daughter and son and she wants to switch custody over to me how hard is it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 5 years ago.
Hello!

When both parents agree, it's relatively easy to seek a custody modification.
Either parent may petition to modify custody.
If the other parent agrees, the court will typically grant a petition to modify provided the other parent isn't unfit and provided the children will have suitable living accommodations, etc.
Courts are always charged with protecting the best interests of children involved in a matter. However, when parents agree on a modification, courts are typically accommodating.

I know that this probably isn't entirely what you wanted to hear. However, it's the honest truth and I know you want a truthful answer above all. I hope that you will click accept so that I am paid for my time and effort spent providing this information.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I see you've relisted the answer due to "answer quality." As there was nothing wrong with the answer and as it addressed your question fully and directly, did you mean to click ACCEPT?

If you wanted more information, please use the REPLY feature and ask your follow-up question.
Please refrain from using relist. I am not notified when you relist the question and, as a result, I may not realize you have a follow-up and I may not respond to a relist.

Thanks!

Thanks!