Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law

What is the form number and document called if I have issues/clarifications

What is the form number and document called if I have issues/clarifications to the judgement filed by opposing counsel? Please know CA family law.
Hello there:

There is no form. The opposing counsel is suppose to first send a copy to you for examination and you are suppose to notify opposing counsel of any perceived shortcomings. If agreement cannot be reached as to the court's intent, opposing counsel may send a copy to the court with a description of your objections and cc you a copy.

If this did not transpire and the judgment has not yet been entered, a letter can be sent directly to the judge with the opposing counsel cc'ed. If the judgment has been entered, a motion to correct pursuant to CCP sec. 473(d) may be filed; also, a motion pursuant to FC 271 and/or CCP 128.5 may be filed for sanctions, if appropriate.

Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks - the order of the court was for OC to file directly with the court and at the same time provide me a copy. Would your answer still apply?
Mostly. It would obviously remove the requirement of working with you beforehand; I might start by contacting opposing counsel first to see if they would just acknowledge the need for a change; otherwise, I would proceed as described.