Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

What about vehicles. My situation is this. I traded my vehicle

Customer Question

What about vehicles. My situation is this. I traded my vehicle (worth $10,000 back then) to his parents in 2006 when we moved to Nevada and in return they gave me a vehicle to "borrow" but refused to sign it over to me. Can I ask for a vehicle in my name given that I have basically been forced to drive their vehicles for the past 5 years and have nothing now in my name? I need a vehicle to get my children to school/daycare/doctors appointments and myself to school. They played it this way: "Whenever you're ready, we will sign it over to you." But my husband doesn't want to pay registration/insurance so keeps vehicles in his parents name.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

Have you filed for a divorce?

Did you enter into any type of a property distribution settlement agreement?