John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.
18914223

OK, My daughter is 13. My ex wife has custody. With me to get

Customer Question

OK, My daughter is 13. My ex wife has custody. With me to get her ever other weekend. And 14 days in the summer. That is what is in the divorce papers. If my daughter doesn't want to come and visit. Can it be court ordered that she does? I have never been abusive to either one of them. My daughter is still somewhat scared of me. She seen a few very loud arguments. With me being very loud and yelling. Slamming doors. Things like that. But I never raised my hand. In short. I and my ex wife used party drugs for some time and that is part why we divorced. I went to rehab last year. And have been clean since. My ex wife makes me take them so often and I have passed ever time. She never went to rehab we used the same drugs. And stopped at the same time She insisted on me going. To save the marriage. That was a lie. to get her ducks in order. Eric
Category: Family Law
Expert:  John Domestic replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

Your daughter must go with you when you have your visitation days. This is already ordered in your current court order. If her mother fails to force her to go with you she can be held in contempt of court and possibly incarcerated. If the mother is not forcing her to go you can file a motion for her to show cause why she should not be held in contempt. If the judge finds her in contempt, incarceration is an option.