socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

if my soon to be ex wife moves in with another man would i

if my soon to be ex wife moves in with another man would i have to pay spousal support
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
Cohabitation with a member of the opposite sex raises a presumption of a reduced need for spousal support. Family Code 4323(a). However, cohabitation does not operate to absolutely terminate the supported party's right to continued support. Only reduced support is generally called for by the Family Code.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!