Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

There is a standing order that neither parent shall remove

There is a standing order that neither parent shall remove our child from the state of Texas without consent from both parties or an order from the court.The mother of my child gave me permission by email to a 5 day vacation to Florida. She is now refusing to sign a document stating our itinerary and giving permission to leave. Is email good enough for the court systems? Would a 3000 dollar non refundable vacation constitute an emergency so I can possibly get this in front of a judge next week?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

The e-mail is your written verification of the mother's consent. I am confident that the e-mail in combination with the deposit you have made will be sufficient for the court to grant your motion to travel