How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is a standing order that neither parent shall remove

Resolved Question:

There is a standing order that neither parent shall remove our child from the state of Texas without consent from both parties or an order from the court.The mother of my child gave me permission by email to a 5 day vacation to Florida. She is now refusing to sign a document stating our itinerary and giving permission to leave. Is email good enough for the court systems? Would a 3000 dollar non refundable vacation constitute an emergency so I can possibly get this in front of a judge next week?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

The e-mail is your written verification of the mother's consent. I am confident that the e-mail in combination with the deposit you have made will be sufficient for the court to grant your motion to travel
Ellen and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions