Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

If I just want text, phone, and home harrassment to stop, what

If I just want text, phone, and home harrassment to stop, what additional history should I bring to court? i.e. financial infidelity credit card debt, etc.?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to provide you with information..

This depends - can you please tell me more about the matter?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
During the marriage every possible financial asset was tapped again and again because of her misuse of credit cards and overdrawn bank account. Eventually we declared bankruptcy. Following the separation she sold all my tools to a pawn shop. Is any of this relevant in the Restraining Order hearing next week? Text message printout has been acquired. The strongest statement I can make is "I just want to be left alone!" Shared joint custody of two kids, so 100% no contact is not an option. Can the judge specify no contact except in matters of the kids?
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

The financial aspects of your marriage are not relevant to the restraining order. You will want to ask the judge to restrict contact to contact regarding matters of the children. You can bring with you copies of the text message printout, a log of phone calls and any other information that you have that may indicate her relentless contact