Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

My spouse is denying me of my visitation rights. She has refused to anwser phone calls f

My spouse is denying me of my visitation rights. She has refused to anwser phone calls for months and acknowledge me picking up my daughter today for my one month visitation.I never miss a support payment. Now no one is home and I am supposed to be picking her up. I live in syracuse ny. My spouse lives in Philly PA and were divorced in TX
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

You may consider bringing a contempt action to compel your ex to adhere to the order and comply with visitation

Generally speaking, when someone violates the court orders they are considered to be in contempt of court. To enforce your rights you will need to file a motion for contempt (may also be called an motion to show cause). In that motion you indicate what the orders are and how he has violated them.

Since the action will need to be filed in Texas, you will need to retain counsel in Texas to file on your behalf

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Filing a motion to show order would apparently involve time. Given that I only have a month of consecutive weeks to see her- is there hope in having her at all this summer????? She is 16 now and school commitments and general teen age angst are additional opposing factors. I am actually the newly wed wife writing from Syracuse ny. my husband is in Philly by himself now and struggling with what to do. I told him to file a police report - I have no idea if that is effectual or even appropriate.