Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

As a non-custodial parent, I do provide a very good health insurance through my Michigan w

As a non-custodial parent, I do provide a very good health insurance through my Michigan work. How is that considered when determining the child support amount.
We are trying to set a amount ourselves and need to know how to put a value on the health/dental insurance I provide. Do we use the amount my company pays monthly basis?

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Actually, insurance does not play a big role in the amount paid for support itself. The paying parent would typically be asked to pay full insurance and a percentage of their monthly wage.

To see how much you would be asked to pay if you set up orders officially, you can find a close estimate here:

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So you are telling me it doesn't matter if I have a good insurance or a terrible one?? Why is there a filed in the child support calculator to insert the amount.value of it if it doesn't matter???

You can see the health insurance coverage statute here:

As you can see, it is pretty complex. Generally speaking, the state simply asks that you have an insurance policy. You are then required to cover 50% of what is out of pocket. Whatever the insurance costs slightly influences child support, but the majority depends on income.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My insurance is so good the mom is not paying anything out of her pocket. The two different insurance companies cover everything 100%. I have a hard time with the fact that I cover everything when it comes to insurance and don't get credit for it. I'm Canadian and don't know the United States system at all, how can I get help to understand the entire system with out huge lawyer fees?
I understand, and I am sorry for the situation. Perhaps these few links will be of help: