Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

WHAT ABOUT GIVING UP SOLE CUSTODY. IS THERE STILL CHILD SUPPORT

WHAT ABOUT GIVING UP SOLE CUSTODY. IS THERE STILL CHILD SUPPORT INVOLVED
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.

I am afraid so - child visitation is a right that he may choose to exercise or not. However, child support is a duty that he cannot dissolve. I am sorry.

The only way it would not be an issue is if she refused any child support and/or if later on, she married and her husband adopted the child as his own (thus, terminating his rights).

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.