Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

my mother is wanting to get an anullment. I am not sure if

my mother is wanting to get an anullment. I am not sure if she can. She lives in OH. Married on May 7th of this yr. She just wants out of the marriage do to her not wanting to get married in the first place. How much is this going to cost her, because she doesn't make much, and what is the best way to go about it. Can she get forms and I can help her fill them out as i am in law school and understand the lagistics of most paperwork.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Were these any elements present at the time of the marriage:

bigamy, marrying before the legal age of marriage, and the mental incapacity of one or both persons at the time of their marriage, or that the consent of either spouse to the marriage was obtained by fraud or force.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

none of the above except, the force one. He and her got into a verbal dispute and she got really aggrevated and told him if he would leave her alone and go away that she would marry him. That is the only Force she has to stand on that i know of. And that force isn't physical at all it was emotional, mental, and verbal.

Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Thank you - and how long have they been married?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
they were married on the 7th of May this year
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I am afraid that does not qualify for the annulment in itself. In this case, she would need to get an actual divorce, I am afraid.

As for where to get the forms, she can get them at places like uslegalforms.com, usalegalresource.com, thelegaldivorce.com, or other like sites. It is best that an attorney draft them or review them, however.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

she doesnt make much money so how would i go about getting her a divorce attorney for less than 1000.00 for a divorce? Is there something that she could fill out verifing her income?

Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry to say that there are no court-appointed family attorneys. There is no 'right' to an attorney in family Court. She can perhaps see if any of these pro bono services have room available:

http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/probono/directory/ohio.html

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are morally wronged but have limited legal avenues to seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault (in other words, I prefer to tell you the truth rather than tell you what you want to hear, so if the news is not good, please do not shoot the messenger).

You can always request me for a future advice through my profile at…

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-attorneyeli/

…if you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”