Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

what are the odds of a father geting custody from a mother

what are the odds of a father geting custody from a mother thats is not found unfit by any means.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

How old is the child?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Child is 7 years old and they werent married an the father never paid anything or really carred untill he was served with child support papaers now the courts giving him all kinds of rights and visitation and she is going through a lot of dramma with him chasing her through the city and trying to beat on her car windows and stuff of that nature.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Chances are in this situation the mother will keep primary physical custody and be allowed to decide where the child lives while both parents will get joint legal custody and have a say in the child's upbringing.

If the father is a threat to the child, then that needs to be explained to the judge and the judge can impose supervised visitations.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would the tailgating in traffic trying to run her off the road with the kids in the car and doing the same thing to his child mother before her constitute as him being a threat to the children.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.
Yes, that is probably good enough to get a restraining order against him ex parte.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would it be wise for her to contact the other mother and try and get her into court to strenghten her case that he did try and run her off the road in her vehicle as well.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Yes, that along with any witnesses and information about the dates, times, and locations of the incidents would be of great help in securing the restraining order.