Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

If I am paying child support for my daughter and she becomes

If I am paying child support for my daughter and she becomes pregnant at the age of 15 and is due at age 16 and plans to move in with her boy friend and get public assistance do I still have to child support to my ex.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

What State issued the child support order?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We are in Ohio
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Ohio law requires that support continues until the child is both 18 years of age and finishes high school. When your child turns 19 years of age, the child support will end. If she actually marries the boyfriend, then you may have grounds to ask that child support end.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".