Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My daughter just turned eighteen and my child support is ending.

My daughter just turned eighteen and my child support is ending. She is going to Central Michigan University in the Fall as a full time student. Is there any extension of child support since she is still going to be dependant on me while she is in college?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Hi

The only way there would be an extension is if in your Divorce Agreement it was Order the two parents would equally contribute to support or college expenses beyond the age of 18. Otherwise, no

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck