Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Im live in Hamilton county ohio and am the mother of a 17 year

Im live in Hamilton county ohio and am the mother of a 17 year old daughter and the sole guardian. I want to keep her 23 yr old boyfriend away from her, how do i do that?

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: Im live in Hamilton county ohio and am the mother of a 17 year old daughter and the sole guardian. I want to keep her 23 yr old boyfriend away from her, how do i do that?

telling her to cease contact with him or I will file a minor protection order.....how do I do it?

Response: You can only file for "Minor Protection Order" against the boyfriend if the boyfriend is threatening her. You cannot file for Minor Protection Order just because you want her to stay away from her boyfriend. Minor Protection Orders are forms of Domestic Violence Civil Protection Orders filed on behalf of minors. Thus, the requirements for obtaining a regular Domestic Violence Civil Restraining Orders must be met before the Order can be issued.

Domestic Violence Protection Order Forms:

http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/JCS/domesticViolence/protection_forms/DVForms/default.asp

http://www.ohiolegalservices.org/public/legal_problem/domestic-violence/domestic-violence/civil-protection-order-remedies-and-procedures/qandact_view