Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

A lady i know is divorced and has 2 kids .Her uncle (her fathers

A lady i know is divorced and has 2 kids .Her uncle (her father's brother) doesn't like her new lover and he made her sign an agreement that said that he will get her kids if she marry this guy / is is true that he has th right to do that if she signed the agreement by accident

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: A lady i know is divorced and has 2 kids .Her uncle (her father's brother) doesn't like her new lover and he made her sign an agreement that said that he will get her kids if she marry this guy / is is true that he has th right to do that if she signed the agreement by accident

Response: No, it is not true. Her uncle does not have any right to dictate who her lover should be and then proceeds to take away her parental rights because he does not approve of her "new lover." The agreement is NOT enforceable. Only a Court can take away someone's parental rights--or take away the kids from their mother. The uncle does not have that kind of power eventhough he apparently thinks he does.