John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.

how can we get insurance for our grandchild if the dad is supposed

how can we get insurance for our grandchild if the dad is supposed to carry insurance but he doesn't and the mom supposedly makes to much for chips. She has to pay child support for 2 other children of 600.00 a month and only makes 2800.00 gross. She and our grandchild live with us.

Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

Can the mother not include the children on her insurance? If the mother can find some way to pay for the insurance she may get a reduction in the $600 support obligation for her 2 other children based on the costs for the child she has custody.