How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Domestic Your Own Question
John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
John Domestic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In a prev 2011 custody case the state of NM ruled that it no

Resolved Question:

In a prev 2011 custody case the state of NM ruled that it no longer had jurisdiction. I argued that the kids and I are residents of Germany and the father resides in Texas. If I want to enforce the original child support order from NM or review for an increase, what state or country would I have to file in? Do I have the right to file in Texas as a non resident?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  John Domestic replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

If the father is in Texas then you can have the NM order domesticated in the state of Texas and the Texas court can enforce the order. The NM court would not have authority to enforce the order since no one lives there. Texas child support enforcement may help you enforce the order.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where would I file to have the child support increased?
Expert:  John Domestic replied 5 years ago.
You could file that in Texas as well.
John Domestic and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you