How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 3 kids living in GA. the oldest 2 are in college at

Resolved Question:

I have 3 kids living in GA. the oldest 2 are in college at UGA. My son will be starting his Junior year in high school this upcoming season. The kids mother left them back around 2003, 2004 and moved to Florida and has been mooching off the guys down there not seeing her kids or providing any support what so ever. I have went to child support engforcement in McDonough GA and the case is suppose to be heard in front of a Florida Judge.Well would you know it the Attornney had a family emergency come up today so now we wait until whoever gets it rescheduled. Why should it be up the attorney. The Judge should give a day and hold them accountable. I personnally think what the attroney did was smoke and mirrors. Am I better off to get an attorney instead of just relying on child support enforcement?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for contacting with your question. I will provide legal information related to your question.


You are at the mercy of the enforcement office. Unfortunately the judge will not force the attorney to appear if they show good cause for being unable to do so. But if they do it 2 or 3 times the judge may force the issue. You would be better off with a private attorney who has a vested interest when they are getting paid by you to do the job.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I live in GA she lives in FL, the order was issued in GA. She is having a hearing in Fl and I suspect it is to contest the arreage that she owes me. Should I get an attornery her in GA or down in FL. Lastly, would a private attorney be able to do more than Child Support Enforcment?
Expert:  legaleagle replied 5 years ago.
You need one in FL so they are able to appear in FL on your behalf. If you could find one licensed in both states that would be ideal. You can go to the GA state bar and ask for a dual licensed attorney referral and they can help you narrow the search. Yes a private attorney usually has more resources than state attorneys.
legaleagle and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you