How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6113
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is a paragraph in our divorce papers which we have signed

Resolved Question:

There is a paragraph in our divorce papers which we have signed off by both lawyers
and submitted to the court for filing. This was an out of court settlement.
I am getting ready to vacate the home and need to know whether my husband
has to pay me upon vacating the property or does it need to be signed by the judge before I get the money. The paragraph reads:
"$270,000 shall be paid within (7) days of the entry of the judgement and wife vacating
the residence located atXXXXX Poway CA"
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.


If it is not yet signed by the judge than it is simply a contract between the parties and if either party breaches the contract, it could be grounds for a breach of contract suit. Once the judge signs off on it, then it becomes a court order which can be enforced by contempt of court.



If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or


If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Maverick and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions