Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

What is needed for conservator of veteran( in care) to sell

What is needed for conservator of veteran( in care) to sell property that is held for veteran in life estate by grandmother in order to provide care for the grandmother. Donor and donee are in agreement since incumbrance was instituted that this would be done.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

If the grandmother and the conservator of veteran are both in agreement that the property should be sold so that the proceeds can be used to care for grandmother, then there should be no issue to selling it. It is when one of the two parties disagree that selling a life estate can be a problem.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Please state your follow up question here.