Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

NY State Background Extremely acrimonious divorce case,

NY State

Background: Extremely acrimonious divorce case, ongoing for three years. Custody trial ended, no decision so far. Was Pro Se for trial, wife has a full legal team.

Court imposed order at outset against disseminating court records in community. Later on it signed order restraining wife plus her attorneys against disseminating transcripts etc. to employer & media. Court has reacted very negatively to the dissemination of records.

Wife’s lawyer just sent partial transcripts from custody trial to bankruptcy trustee (I have filed for bankruptcy) in attempt to paint me in bad light with the trustee, transcripts are totally irrelevant to bankruptcy.

Question: I am presently bringing a motion for sanctions against wife's attorney for various matters (the aim is to bring it the court's attention, not being vindictive against attorneys). I also want to include in it request for sanctions for sending transcripts to the trustee (I am confident that the Court will be sympathetic), how do I phrase it, is it “frivolous conduct by attorney”? Or is it called “improper conduct”? I am sure there is some terminology for when an attorney acts improperly.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Hi

I suggest you can say "Improper behavior with a total disregard for this Honorable Court and its Order not to disseminate..."

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks.

He's not technically in disregard, that was only to press, community, and employer (otherwise I would bring sanctions for contempt), i just know the court will go nuts when she hears it, because she has warned about this kind of behavior on the record. Stil I cannot phrase it "total disregard .... and its order not to disseminate"

Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Hi

I see.

I suggest you can say "he is near the edge" or "pushing the envelope toward total disregard of this Honorable Court and its Orders..." and you can even say it is "an improper and somewhat arrogant behavior"

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: General practice of law with emphasis in family law.