Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

NY State Are transcripts from a custody trial allowed to

NY State

Are transcripts from a custody trial allowed to be freely disseminated by one of the sides?
It is my understanding that one has to obtain the Court's permission to freely disseminate them to uninvolved parties. Is this correct and if so can I have a reference to where to look up the law?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Unless there was a Court Order to have all records sealed, then a person who pays for a transcript owns it and may do what that want with it. Remember, all court actions are open to the public, except for Juvenile matters.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck