Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Hey Eli. I have another question about this situation. Since

Hey Eli. I have another question about this situation. Since my ex-husband has custody and I pay child support, do I have any rights? The decree only states reasonable visitation and not who picks up on drops off and what time. Is it within my power to ask for compromise or do I need to get a lawyer and have it spelled out?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Hello friend,

Thank you for requesting me. Remember what I said last time - the decree controls. Normally, the decree would have a standard order that would have everything written out as to who picks up and who drops off. For some reason, your decree is generic, i.e. written badly, and does not incorporate these minor details.

Hence, the default rules apply. Recall our last conversation: "By default, the visiting parent is responsible to pick up the child, and drop the child off. However, you can get this changed if there is good need to."

You may always ask for a compromise, and if see if they are willing to agree to it. The Court will sign off on virtually anything anything should the parties agree. Remember, you always have the right to file a Motion for Clarification to get it cleared up with the Court, anyways. You can use the leverage of the threat of filing (means more litigation, more legal fees, and more headache for the other party) unless they agree to something.

Might work.
I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are morally wronged but have limited legal avenues to seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault (in other words, I prefer to tell you the truth rather than tell you what you want to hear, so if the news is not good, please do not shoot the messenger).

You can always request me for a future advice through my profile at…

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-attorneyeli/

…if you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”