RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

should my ex wife be bound to tell me that she is letting our

should my ex wife be bound to tell me that she is letting our daughter drink and have sex at 16 since we have joint custody?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 3 years ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good evening.

RayAnswers :

I would agree with you that as joint custodian you deserve to be informed here of these events.You may want to consider a return to court here if necessary to seek enforcement of your rights.Your ex may well be in contempt here.You might also consider reporting her to social services or the police.Certainly it apppears she is being neglectful as a parent here.

RayAnswers :

If you give me a state that the child is in I will give you more reference ..

Customer:

texas

RayAnswers :

As a Texas lawyer I can tell yo that underage drinking is a crime for sure.

RayAnswers :

The age of consent here in Texas is 17 here too so thats another potential crime going on here under her watch.

RayAnswers :

Refernce to age of consent.

RayAnswers :

Report it here

RayAnswers :

Two Ways to Report Abuse

• 1-800-252-5400
    Call our Abuse Hotline toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, nationwide.

• www.txabusehotline.org
    Make your report through our secure web site and you will receive a response within 24 hours.

We cannot accept e-mail reports of suspected abuse or neglect.

Customer:

the boy is seventeen

RayAnswers :

I would report this as child neglect.Texas law is pretty clear that the parent here is not protecting the child in this situation.They might prosecute parent ehre for the underage drinking or place child with you for that matter.

RayAnswers :

They might not be able to prosecute the boy here but that does not mean its ok and the child is under age of consent and certainly under drinking age.

Customer:

so my daughter is not allowed do have sex with her boyfriend that is 17

RayAnswers :

TDPRS will explain this to her real quick.I used to work for the state here.

RayAnswers :

And yes they will refer this to the police as well.There is potential criminal acts here both with the boy and the parent who is not supervising it.

RayAnswers :

And she is flat wrong that it isn't your business.

RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years as a family law lawyer .
Have a great evening and thanks again
RayAnswers, Lawyer