Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My wife filed for divorce. She has been diagnosed with major

My wife filed for divorce. She has been diagnosed with major depression and severe anxiety. She also recently spent a week in hospital because of this. She is constantly yelling and screaming and even got violient in front of the kids on more than one occasion. The kids are ages 13 and 2. What are my chances of getting custody of the kids.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

In determining custody, the judge is required to do whatever is in the child's best interest. In deciding this, the judge must consider the character of the parents, any medical or mental issues the parents have, home environment, finances, criminal history, etc. If the mother is battling anxiety and depression, it is not likely that the judge would award her custody at least until she gets these things under control.

I would recommend that you file a motion for temporary custody until the divorce is final and the judge enters a final custody order.