RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

if me and my wife have been together for 7 years married for

Customer Question

if me and my wife have been together for 7 years married for 2 with a two and four year old and she out of the blue wants a devorce.... is there anything a judge can or will do to make us get help or just let it happen.....because this whole process has opened my eyes on our situation.....not only for me but our kids also
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.

Customer:

Thanks for your question and good afternoon.

Customer:

Unless both of the parties here are agreeable to counseling then I am afraid she can file for divorce.Florida has adopted no fault divorce and either party here can file and seek such a divorce.

Customer:

You can try to resolve it with the other party here and see if they will agree to counseling.

JACUSTOMER-evxxdsij- :

but i was thinking with as young as we are would it make a difference on his decision

JACUSTOMER-evxxdsij- :

or her

Customer:

If the other party will got agree to counseling there is no mandatory requirements here under Florida law.You can certainly try to convince them to voluntarily go and seek to reconcile here.About the best you can do.

Customer:

Grounds here for divorce in Florida

Customer:

Grounds for Filing: The Petition for Dissolution of Marriage must declare the appropriate Florida grounds upon which the dissolution of marriage is being sought. The appropriate lawful ground will be that which the parties agree upon and can substantiate, or that which the filing spouse desires to prove to the court. The dissolution of marriage grounds are as follows:

(a) The marriage is irretrievably broken.

(b) Mental incapacity of one of the parties.

(Florida Statutes - Chapters: 61.052)

Customer:

In case you need them here are Florida divorce forms and self help.I hope you are able to reconcile but if not you can use this or a divorce lawyer.

Customer:

Thanks for letting me help you here.

Customer:

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.

Here is self help in case you need it, thanks again.

http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/family/forms_rules/index.shtml

And counseling in some circumstances may be possible here too-- a reference to that as well

http://robinroshkind.wordpress.com/category/florida-law/