GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti
46665915

How many overnights a month/year will effect child support

How many overnights a month/year will effect child support? My husband has currently had one overnight a week. He would like to have one full week...7 days then two more Saturdays a month. The total would be nine days a month. I am hestitant to agree to many reasons, but the financial implications are also an issue.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

This is Colorado correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes Fort COllins, COlorado
In Colorado The basic child support obligation can be adjusted under the guidelines when the parents have shared or split physical custody of the child(ren).

"Shared physical care" means that each parent keeps the children overnight for more than 92 overnights each year and that both parents contribute to the expenses of the children in addition to the payment of child support.

If two child ren are involved then:

"Split physical care" means that each parent has physical care of at least one of the children by means of that child or children residing with that parent the majority of the time.

So as long as long as you keep him to less than 92 nights per year, it will not be a basis for him to lower support. I hope this helps clarify.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work (as you would like to receive credit for your work). Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.
GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience: Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti