lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
15417118

I am relocating out of state. My ex husband has agreed to

I am relocating out of state. My ex husband has agreed to let me relocate our child. I need help writing a letter that reflects his agreement to this.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

Is there a custody order in place? In the order is there a restraining order preventing you from moving?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We have a seperation agreement from our divorce, and a parenting plan in place. It does state that I must have his permission to relocate.

Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
You need to file a Motion with the Court to modify the parenting plan. Here is the blank form for you to fill out and both sign. It has to be a formal motion to modify and also an order approving the modified parenting plan for the judge to sign. A letter is not sufficient.

Relocation refers to moving the child(ren)’s residence so that the geographic ties between the child(ren) and the
other parent are substantially changed requiring a modification of allocation of parental responsibilities (decisionmaking
and parenting time). The parties understand that after the Decree or Order is issued, if a party wants to
relocate, he/she must file a Motion with the Court, pursuant to §14-10-129, C.R.S. and obtain court permission to
relocate.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Where is the blank form to fill out and sign?

Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, I don't know why it did not show

http://traversecityfamilylaw.com/Parenting/Colorado_plan.pdf

An accept for my time is always appreciated and is the only way I receive credit from JA