How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25386
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am relocating out of state. My ex husband has agreed to

Resolved Question:

I am relocating out of state. My ex husband has agreed to let me relocate our child. I need help writing a letter that reflects his agreement to this.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

Is there a custody order in place? In the order is there a restraining order preventing you from moving?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We have a seperation agreement from our divorce, and a parenting plan in place. It does state that I must have his permission to relocate.


Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
You need to file a Motion with the Court to modify the parenting plan. Here is the blank form for you to fill out and both sign. It has to be a formal motion to modify and also an order approving the modified parenting plan for the judge to sign. A letter is not sufficient.

Relocation refers to moving the child(ren)’s residence so that the geographic ties between the child(ren) and the
other parent are substantially changed requiring a modification of allocation of parental responsibilities (decisionmaking
and parenting time). The parties understand that after the Decree or Order is issued, if a party wants to
relocate, he/she must file a Motion with the Court, pursuant to §14-10-129, C.R.S. and obtain court permission to
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Where is the blank form to fill out and sign?

Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, I don't know why it did not show

An accept for my time is always appreciated and is the only way I receive credit from JA
lwpat and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you