Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

Is there a law against a husband taking his wifes keys away

Is there a law against a husband taking his wifes' keys away from her and stranding her away from her kids?

What keys are you referring to?

What is the reason for all of this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
A friend of mine went out one night and her husband got pretty drunk. Well, they are in the process of getting a divorce. She got a babysitter for their 2 kids for a couple hours. While they were out he got wasted and kept fighting with her about everything, then beg her to take him home. Finally she got tired of the switching and told him she would have her sister give him a ride home. She drove to her parents and he followed her, blocking her in their driveway. He was becomming agressive, grabbing her and calling her names. He took her keys to her truck, jumped in his and took off, leaving her with no way to get back to her kids.

I see. Thank you for that information

There would be no crime other than his drunk driving. Sorry.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck