Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

On March 1st, I had filed a motion agains my ex husband on

On March 1st, I had filed a motion agains my ex husband on 3 counts of contempt. 1. Did not cash in the 401K. 2. Impeding the sale of the home. 3. Not sharing expenditures of the children. (There was no child support as we shared them 50/50) Although I have had them 100% of the time since his hospitalization on March 24th. The home has been in foreclosure since January. No payments have been made since October. I have asked the family if I can clean it up, pack it up to put it back on the market...to no avail. My court date is May 20th, but I just received notification that his attorney has filed an objection. I have no money for an attorney and am representing myself. What does this mean? What do I do now.
Thank you.

Hi

The Court will review the Objection and decide if your Motion should be dismissed. It is highly unlikely that will happen, however, based on what you present here. The Court will allow a hearing and your ex will need to come in and Show Cause as to why the Court Order has not been followed. The Objection is more or less procedural.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck