AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
18048122

In the state of Louisiana i heard it is a no fault state is

In the state of Louisiana i heard it is a no fault state is that true and if the the spouse is filing now that she is not at fault of the divorce what chance is it to win this and since it seems she is just dragging this out until the property settlement can i ask for her to pay for my lawyer fees now
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 5 years ago.

Louisiana has both fault divorces and no fault divorces.

I'm not sure what you mean, in this context, by "winning." "Winning" is a relative term with divorce. Often, no one really wins. Divorce is often destructive, both emotionally and monetarily, to both parties. If you have further questions regarding this portion, please clarify and elaborate.

There are a lot of factors that can be relevant to property distributions, for instance.

One spouse may ask the court to award attorney's fees if the other spouse engages in vexatious litigation.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The judge rule the divorce final under Louisiana Civil Code 102 as no fault her attorney sign off on it and he did not show up in court to contest it or file any papers before then spouse file the papers after about she was not at fault in the divorce i was wondering how she or why she would file these papers after the final divorce is granted and before the property settlement begins

If a court hasn't yet made a determination as to property distribution and/or spousal support, and if issues of fault were raised, fault could be relevant to such determinations.

For example, adultery can affect or prevent a spousal support award.

However, it's really impossible for me to tell you what her objective is not knowing anything to speak of about the status of your case, what exactly it was that she filed, etc.

I would highly recommend you have your attorney review the status of the case, any new documents filed with the court, and any other relevant factor, as such a thorough review is necessary to determine exactly what is going on.