Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator

Would like to find my adoptive son, who I gave up about forty

Customer Question

Would like to find my adoptive son, who I gave up about forty five years,ma area Born at university hosp,mother patricia curtin, father robert philla, christened in weymouth landing, ma... named donald curtin... under Catholic Charities in Boston
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

You need to start with the agency that handled the adoption. If it was a closed adoption, they will likely refuse to provide any identifying information. However, if it was an open adoption then they will supply whatever information that they have.

If the agency refuses to provide information, or if the information is so old as to be useless, then you might consider hiring a private investigator. A licensed investigator would have access to information that the average person would not.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience.