You may want to contact the person that you worked with the DCF and enlist that persons assistance.
If that is not possible you will need to respond yourself. There is no template for what you need to file. That said you may file a pleading along these lines:
ANSWER TO PETITION AND COUNTERPETITION
I, , Respondent, being sworn, certify that the following information is true:
ANSWER TO PETITION
1. I agree with Petitioner as to the allegations raised in the following numbered paragraphs in the Petition and, therefore, admit those allegations: ___________________________________________________________
2. I disagree with Petitioner as to the allegations raised in the following numbered paragraphs in the Petition and, therefore, deny those allegations:________________________________________________________________________
3. I currently am unable to admit or deny the following paragraphs due to lack of information: _________________________________________
1. The minor children currently reside with Mother
2. Parental Responsibility. It is in the child(ren)’s best interests that parental responsibility be awarded solely to Mother. Shared parental responsibility would be detrimental to the child(ren) because: _______________________________
3. I am a victim of domestic violence and request that Petitioner not have contact with me or my children. Below is a brief description of the latest act of violence or threat of violence that causes me to honestly fear imminent domestic violence by Petitioner.
sign and have notarized